Salt City Constructor LLC has an immediate opportunity for a heavy equipment manager for a large-scale project in the Syracuse area.
This position is responsible for managing the maintenance of all equipment, personnel and equipment performance as well as, the financial performance of company assets to meet the business needs.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Lead and administer the maintenance, repair, and management of all equipment for assigned location in accordance with OEM standards.
• Implement department objectives and strategies to maintain an effective equipment program within the boundaries of Equipment Department policy.
• Act as a technical advisor to field equipment personnel to ensure projects are completed on time.
• Assist management team with equipment budgets and potential equipment purchases in order to meet Regional budgetary goals.
• Maintain communications with local equipment dealers and appropriate vendors to ensure that dealer support, repair decisions, costs and warranty recovery meet expectations.
• Manage and direct effective maintenance and repair, equipment safety programs, and equipment utilization to ensure company budget goals are met.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
• CEM from AEMP
• 10+ years’ experience in construction equipment field, preferably in master mechanic or equipment superintendent-type role
• 3+ year management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proven working knowledge of the function, operation, and maintenance of construction equipment
• Strong knowledge of construction practices (excavating, grading, paving, etc.) and business principles, particularly asset management principles
• Strong computer skills including MS Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) and scheduling software and familiarity with B2W.
• Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
• Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
• Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly/effectively under pressure.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to walk in varied terrain when doing on-site visits and climb on and off equipment safely. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions.